2019 USA Powerlifting District Open (DC-2019-01)
Date and Location:
Saturday, April 27, 2019
1339 Green Court NW, Washington, DC 20005
Meet Directors: Colleen Campbell and Isha Tohill
- Early Registration: Available for DC residents and Balance Gym members only. Opens at midnight on Friday, January 25, 2019. Only 30 spots will be available during this early registration period.
- General registration: Available for all USA Powerlifting members. Opens at midnight on February 1, 2019.
The registration page can be found here.
Registration will close on March 22, 2019, or when 65 entries are received, whichever comes first.
This is a single platform, three-lift meet, open to athletes age 14 and above. There will be a morning and afternoon session, with the schedule announced after registration has closed.
Men: 59 kg, 66 kg, 74 kg, 83 kg, 93 kg, 105 kg, 120 kg, 120 kg+
Women: 47 kg, 52 kg, 57 kg, 63 kg, 72 kg, 84 kg, 84 kg+
- $70 registration fee for all lifters. Default division is Open. Teen, Junior & Masters divisions available for $20 additional
- T-shirts available for $15 with registration, or $20 online and on meet day
- No entry fee will be charged for spectators or coaches
Eligibility & Membership
All athletes must have an active membership with USA Powerlifting in order to register for the meet. Memberships can be purchased here. Proof of membership will be required during check-in. Please have a copy of your membership card (or e-mail proof of purchase) and a valid ID when you arrive.
A one-piece singlet is mandatory for all athletes! ALL equipment (including knee sleeves, belts, wrist wraps, t-shirts, and undergarments) must conform to USA Powerlifting standards. Please see the USA Powerlifting Rule Book for information regarding personal attire.
There will be a Raw division and a single-ply Equipped division.
- Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded for each weight class for the Open division. Additional divisions (Teen, Junior & Masters) available for $20 additional
- Best Lifter Award for overall best female and male lifter.
Drug testing will be conducted per USA Powerlifting rules. Please verify that all your medications and supplements are not prohibited. If necessary, you may obtain a Therapeutic Use Exemption.
Check the Facebook event page, Instagram page, or website for updates. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Leave a Reply