Holding with Maryland Powerlifting tradition, this year’s State Championship will be held the weekend before Thanksgiving: November 21th & 22nd. It is organized by veteran meet director, Evan Davidson. It is being held at a new location this year, Top Tier CrossFit in Columbia MD. This meet will be limited to the first 100 online paid registrations. This is a popular meet, so it is highly recommended that those who wish to participate sign-up the same day that registration opens. Participants must be a USA Powerlifting member to lift in this meet so please make sure you have an active membership before the meet. This meet will follow all USA Powerlifting rules and will use the new weight classes.
Meet: 2015 USA Powerlifting Maryland State Powerlifting Championship
Dates: November 21-22 2015
Online Registration: Registration will open on Monday, September 14th
USA Powerlifting Sanction: # MD-2015-09
Location: Top Tier CrossFit Columbia – 6570 Dobbin Rd., Columbia, MD 21045
Meet Director: Evan Davidson
Gear Divisions: Raw or Singly-Ply Gear
Men’s & Women’s Powerlifting Divisions:
- Open (all ages)
- Sub-Junior (ages 14-19)
- Junior (ages 20-23)
- Masters (age 40 and up)
- Weight Classes Women:
- 43 kg (94.8 lbs) (Junior/Teen only)
- 47 kg (103.6 lbs)
- 52 kg (114.6 lbs)
- 57 kg (125.7 lbs)
- 63 kg (138.9 lbs)
- 72 kg (158.7 lbs)
- 84 kg (185.2 lbs)
- 84+ kg (185.2+ lbs)
- Weight Classes Men:
- 53 kg (116.8 lbs) (Junior/Teen only)
- 59 kg (130.1 lbs)
- 66 kg (145.5 lbs)
- 74 kg (163.1 lbs)
- 83 kg (183 lbs)
- 93 kg (205 lbs)
- 105 kg (231.5 lbs)
- 120 kg (264.6 lbs)
- 120+ kg (264.6+ lbs)
- Online Entry and Registration: (SOLD OUT – see “Wait List”, below)
- Limited to first 100 total lifters – Spaces have been allocated for each Day & Session.
- Wait List: To get on the wait list, email the Meet Director (contact info above) with the words “2015 MD States Wait List” in the subject line. You must include your full name, gender, and weight class in the body of the email to be considered for entry into the meet.
- Open to Maryland & Washington DC residents only.
- All entry’s must be received by October 21st
- The entry fee will be $79 dollars + eventbrite & CC processing fees | The entry fee includes: 1 registered competitor, 1 meet tee shirt, 1 spectator ticket
- I you are competing in 2 divisions simultaneously (such as Open and Masters) a $30 additional charge will apply. You may purchase this as an addition on eventbrite.
- Open to all USA Powerlifting members. Membership must be purchased prior to the meet and proof of membership will be required at meet day check-in (proof includes a current USA Powerlifting membership card or email receipt of full payment).
- You will also need a valid form of ID at check in on meet day.
- You will need to sign a Release from Liability waiver when you check in. To view a copy of the waiver ahead of time: click here.
- 10% of the lifters at this meet will be drug tested for prohibited substances. For the WADA Prohibited Substance list: click here.
- Awards will be given for the top 3 lifters in each weight class, as well as a best Men’s & Women’s Raw lifter by Wilks total.
- Tickets for spectators – $5 each, available at the door.
- All meet entries are final. Refunds, transfers, or exchanges for any reason will not be considered.
- Weigh in’s as listed below in the preliminary schedule are subject to change due to entries received. Final session schedule will be posted online one week before the contest.
- Friday Night: Lifters will have the option to get rack heights on the Friday (11/20/15) between 5:00pm and 7:00pm at the meet location before the event. Otherwise, lifters can get rack heights the day they check in.
Day 1 Preliminary Schedule (Two Session Meet on Day 1):
- Session 1
- 7:00 AM – Check in all females
- 7:30-9:00 AM – Weigh in’s begin 1st session only
- 9:00-9:15 AM – Rules Briefing
- 9:30 AM – Lifting starts 1st session
- Session 2
- 12:00 PM – Check in males up to 83 kg (183 lbs)
- 12:30-2:00 PM – Weigh in’s begin
- 2:15-2:30 PM – Rules Briefing
- 2:45 PM – Lifting starts 2nd session
Day 2 Preliminary Schedule* (One Session Meet on Day 2):
- Session 1
- 11:00* AM – Check in males 93 kg (205 lbs) and up
- 11:30-1:00* PM – Weigh in’s begin
- 1:00-1:15 PM – Rules Briefing
- 1:30 PM – Lifting starts 2nd session
*PARKING NOTE for SUNDAY (DAY 2): Due to Church services within the building complex, parking will not be available in the main lot until after 1:00 pm on Sunday. Lifters, Judges, and volunteers are requested to park across Dobbin Rd., in the lot by Loyola College.
If this is your first meet
- Please review all the rules ahead of time.
- Review the commands for each lift
- You will need a lifting singlet (just like a wrestling singlet)
- Long socks that go up to the knee to cover the shin
- Athletic shoes (no work boots)
- All lifts will be in kilos. Consider saving a copy of the Kilos to Pounds Chart
- Consider reading the following helpful posts by Matt Gary, CSCS.
The Maryland Powerlifting Assoc. needs YOU! If you would like to help volunteer at this meet, please contact the meet director, Evan Davidson . General volunteers and spotter/ loaders will receive free food & early registration to future TTC hosted Powerlifting meets – Additionally, spotter loaders will be paid per session & receive a free event tee shirts.