Meet: 2015 USA Powerlifting Terrapin Open
Dates: March 5, 2016
Online Registration: Registration is now closed. See wait list information below.
USAPL Sanction: #MD-2016-02
Location: Ritchie Coliseum – 4533 Rossborough Ln, College Park, MD 20740
Meet Director: Dawit Girma (email@example.com)
Meet Roster: Will be announced after registration
Divisions: Raw, full power only
Men’s & Women’s Powerlifting Divisions:
- Open (all ages)
- Sub-Junior (ages 14-19)
- Junior (ages 20-23)
- Masters (age 40 and up)
Weight Classes Women:
- 43 kg (94.8 lbs) (Junior/Teen only)
- 47 kg (103.6 lbs)
- 52 kg (114.6 lbs)
- 57 kg (125.7 lbs)
- 63 kg (138.9 lbs)
- 72 kg (158.7 lbs)
- 84 kg (185.2 lbs)
- 84+ kg (185.2+ lbs)
Weight Classes Men:
- 53 kg (116.8 lbs) (Junior/Teen only)
- 59 kg (130.1 lbs)
- 66 kg (145.5 lbs)
- 74 kg (163.1 lbs)
- 83 kg (183 lbs)
- 93 kg (205 lbs)
- 105 kg (231.5 lbs)
- 120 kg (264.6 lbs)
- 120+ kg (264.6+ lbs)
- Online Entry and Registration is now closed.
- Limited to first 50 total lifters
- All entries must be received by January 15th
- The entry fee will be $55 dollars + t-shirt ($15) & processing fees
- Open to all USA Powerlifting members. Membership must be purchased prior to the meet and proof of membership will be required at meet day check-in (proof includes a current membership card or email receipt of full payment).
- You will also need a valid form of ID at check in on meet day.
- You will need to sign a Release from Liability waiver when you check in. To view a copy of the waiver ahead of time: click here.
- 10% of the lifters at this meet will be drug tested for prohibited substances. For the WADA Prohibited Substance list: click here.
- Awards will be given for the top 3 lifters in each weight class, as well as a best Men’s & Women’s Raw lifter by Wilks total.
- Tickets for spectators – $5 each, available at the door.
- All meet entries are final. Refunds, transfers, or exchanges for any reason will not be considered.
- Weigh in’s as listed below in the preliminary schedule are subject to change due to entries received. Final session schedule will be posted online one week before the contest
Tentative Schedule (will be finalized after registration)
- 7:00 AM – Check in
- 7:15-8:45 AM – Weigh in’s begin 1st session only
- 9:00-9:15 AM – Rules Briefing
- 9:15 AM – Lifting starts 1st session
- 11:45 AM – Check in
- 12:00-1:30 PM – Weigh in’s begin
- 1:45-2:00 PM – Rules Briefing
- 2:00 PM – Lifting starts 2nd session
If this is your first meet
- Please review all the rules ahead of time.
- Review the commands for each lift
- You will need a lifting singlet (just like a wrestling singlet)
- Long socks that go up to the knee to cover the shin
- Athletic shoes (no work boots or Five Fingers shoes)
- All lifts will be in kilos. Consider saving a copy of the Kilos to Pounds Chart
- Consider reading the following helpful posts by Matt Gary, CSCS.