There is much that is new for 2016!
For starters: this will be the first two platform meet that Maryland has hosted in a long time. This is exciting because, by growing into a two platform format, we will be able to accommodate more lifters on the day of the event (Saturday, April 16th). In the past this meet has sold out very quickly, so this is a welcome increase. Organized by veteran meet director, Evan Davidson, the 2016 USA Powerlifting Equinox Open is being held at a new and larger location this year: the Field House at Dundalk Community College (CCBC-Dundalk). This meet will be limited to the first 120 online paid registrations. Due to this meets popularity, it is highly recommended that those who wish to participate sign-up on the same day that registration opens (February 1st) in order to secure a spot. Participants must be a USA Powerlifting member to lift in this meet so please make sure you have an active membership before the meet. This meet will follow all USA Powerlifting rules and will use the new weight classes.
Meet: 2016 USA Powerlifting Equinox Open
Dates: April 16th
Online Registration: Registration is now FULL!!!
USA Powerlifting Sanction: # MD-2016-05
Location: Field House of Dundalk Community College – 7200 Sollers Point Rd, Baltimore, MD 21222
Meet Director: Evan Davidson
Meet Roster: Click on link below:
Gear Divisions: Raw only
Men’s & Women’s Powerlifting Divisions:
- Full Meet – Open (all ages)
- Weight Classes Women:
- 47 kg (103.6 lbs)
- 52 kg (114.6 lbs)
- 57 kg (125.7 lbs)
- 63 kg (138.9 lbs)
- 72 kg (158.7 lbs)
- 84 kg (185.2 lbs)
- 84+ kg (185.2+ lbs)
- Weight Classes Men:
- 59 kg (130.1 lbs)
- 66 kg (145.5 lbs)
- 74 kg (163.1 lbs)
- 83 kg (183 lbs)
- 93 kg (205 lbs)
- 105 kg (231.5 lbs)
- 120 kg (264.6 lbs)
- 120+ kg (264.6+ lbs)
- Online Entry and Registration: REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL
- Two Platform Meet
- Limited to first 120 total lifters – Spaces have been allocated for each Session and Platform.
- Wait List: To get on the wait list, email the Meet Director (contact info above) with the words “2016 Equinox Wait List” in the subject line. In addition to the subject line, must include your full name, gender, and weight class in the body of the email to be considered for entry into the meet.
- All entry’s must be received by March 21st
- The entry fee will be $79 dollars + eventbrite & CC processing fees | The entry fee includes: 1 registered competitor, 1 meet tee shirt, 1 coach/ spectator ticket
- Open to all USA Powerlifting members. Membership must be purchased prior to the meet and proof of membership will be required at meet day check-in (proof includes a current USA Powerlifting membership card or email receipt of full payment).
- You will also need a valid form of photo ID at check in on the day of the meet.
- You will need to sign a Release from Liability waiver when you check in. To view a copy of the waiver ahead of time: click here.
- 10% of the lifters at this meet will be drug tested for prohibited substances. For the WADA Prohibited Substance list: click here.
- Awards will be given for the top 3 lifters in each weight class, as well as a best Men’s & Women’s Raw lifter by Wilks total.
- Tickets for spectators – $5 each, available at the door.
- All meet entries are final. Refunds, transfers, or exchanges for any reason will not be considered.
- Weigh in’s as listed below in the preliminary schedule are subject to change due to entries received. Final session schedule will be posted online one week before the contest.
- Friday Night: Lifters will have the option to get rack heights on the Friday before the meet, between 6:30pm and 8:00pm at the event location. Otherwise, lifters can get rack heights the day they check in.
Preliminary Schedule – Subject to change (Two Session Meet):
- Session 1
- 7:00 AM – Check in all females & males up to 83 kg (183 lbs)
- 7:15-8:45 AM – Weigh in’s begin 1st session only
- 8:45-9:00 AM – Rules Briefing
- 9:00 AM – Lifting starts 1st platform
- Session 2
- 1:00 PM – Check in males 93 kg (205 lbs) and up
- 1:15-2:45 PM – Weigh in’s begin
- 2:45-3:00 PM – Rules Briefing
- 3:00 PM – Lifting starts 2nd session
Note: This schedule is preliminary & subject to change. Final flights can be found in the link below.
Interested in Sponsoring the meet and getting your business logo on the event tee shirt & the event page? Contact the meet Director for information.
If this is your first meet
- Please review all the rules ahead of time.
- Review the commands for each lift
- You will need a lifting singlet (just like a wrestling singlet)
- Long socks that go up to the knee to cover the shin
- Athletic shoes (no work boots)
- All lifts will be in kilos. Consider saving a copy of the Kilos to Pounds Chart
- Consider reading the following helpful posts by Matt Gary, CSCS.
The Maryland Powerlifting Assoc. needs YOU! If you would like to help volunteer at this meet, please contact the meet director, Evan Davidson . General volunteers and spotter/ loaders will receive free food & early registration to future Powerlifting meets, by this organizer (including MD States)! Additionally, spotter loaders will be paid per session & receive a free event tee shirts.