26 East 9th Street, Frederick, Md 21701
Saturday August 20,2016
Registration will open at 12:00 Noon on Friday June 10,2016 on this page.
Divisions: Raw or Equipped
Men’s & Women’s Powerlifting Divisions:
• Full Power Meet (Raw) – Open (all ages), Junior (20-23), Masters
• Full Power Meet (Equipped) – Open (all ages)
• Weight Classes Women:
• 47 kg (103.6 lbs)
• 52 kg (114.6 lbs)
• 57 kg (125.7 lbs)
• 63 kg (138.9 lbs)
• 72 kg (158.7 lbs)
• 84 kg (185.2 lbs)
• 84+ kg (185.2+ lbs)
Weight Classes Men:
• 53 kg (116 lbs)
• 59 kg (130.1 lbs)
• 66 kg (145.5 lbs)
• 74 kg (163.1 lbs)
• 83 kg (183 lbs)
• 93 kg (205 lbs)
• 105 kg (231.5 lbs)
• 120 kg (264.6 lbs)
• 120+ kg (264.6+ lbs)
• Online Entry and Registration: REGISTRATION OPENS Friday June 10th, 2016 @ 12:00 PM (NOON)
• Two Platform Meet – ER Equipment Racks, Rogue Ohio Power Bars
• Limited to first 120 total lifters – Spaces have been allocated for each Session and Platform.
• Wait List: To get on the wait list, email the Meet Director (contact info above) with the words “2016 MD States Wait List” in the subject line. In addition to the subject line, must include your full name, gender, and weight class in the body of the email to be considered for entry into the meet.
• All entry’s must be received by July 20th
• The entry fee will be $95 dollars + PayPal and/or CC processing fees | The entry fee includes: 1 registered competitor, 1 coach/spectator ticket
• If you are competing in 2 divisions simultaneously (such as Open and Masters) a $30 additional charge will apply. You may purchase this as an addition on the registration page
• Team Competition – With many teams coming out to Maryland meets, this year will be the first annual state championship to include team/club competition. Team fee will be $50 dollars + PayPal and/or CC processing fees. Your club must be registered with USA Powerlifting prior to July 25th, 2016 and final rosters are due to the meet director by August 5th, 2016 (http://www.usapowerlifting.com/clubs/)
• Open to all USAPL members. Membership must be purchased prior to the meet and proof of membership will be required at meet day check-in (proof includes a current USAPL membership card or email receipt of full payment).
• You will also need a valid form of photo ID at check in on the day of the meet.
• You will need to sign a Release from Liability waiver when you check in. To view a copy of the waiver ahead of time: click here.
• 10% of the lifters at this meet will be drug tested for prohibited substances. For the WADA Prohibited Substance list: click here.
• Awards will be given for the top 3 lifters in each weight class (Open Only, Raw & Equipped), as well as a best Men’s & Women’s Raw & Equipped lifter by Wilks total. Masters and Juniors will be given out based on Wilks total for top 3 lifters for Men’s & Women’s. Best Team Award will be a brand new Rogue Ohio Power Bar.
• Tickets for spectators – $5 each, available at the door.
• All meet entries are final. Refunds, transfers, or exchanges for any reason will not be considered.
• Weigh in’s as listed below in the preliminary schedule are subject to change due to entries received. Final session schedule will be posted online one week before the contest.
• Friday Night: Lifters will have the option to get rack heights on the Friday before the meet, between 6:00pm and 8:00pm at the event location. Otherwise, lifters can get rack heights the day they check in.
• Warm Up Equipment will be using plates and bars in pounds (lbs).
Preliminary Schedule – Subject to change (Two Session Meet):
• Session 1
• 6:45 AM – Check in
• 7:00-8:30 AM – Weigh in’s begin 1st session only
• 8:30-8:45 AM – Rules Briefing
• 9:00 AM – Lifting starts 1st Session
• Session 2
• 11:45 AM – Check in
• 12:00-1:30 PM – Weigh in’s begin
• 1:30-1:45 PM – Rules Briefing
• 2:00 PM – Lifting starts 2nd session
Interested in Sponsoring the meet and getting your business logo on the event tee shirt & the event page? Contact the meet Director for information.
If this is your first meet
• Please review all the rules ahead of time.
• Review the commands for each lift
• You will need a lifting singlet (just like a wrestling singlet)
• Long socks that go up to the knee to cover the shin
• Athletic shoes (no work boots or Vibrams)
• All lifts will be in kilos. Consider saving a copy of the Kilos to Pounds Chart
• Consider reading the following helpful posts by Matt Gary, CSCS.
• Top 10 Mistakes Novice Lifters make
• Attempt Selection for Powerlifters
• Making Weight for Powerlifters
The Maryland Powerlifting Assoc. needs YOU! If you would like to help volunteer at this meet, please contact the meet director, Brad Couillard. General volunteers and spotter/ loaders will receive free food & early registration to future Powerlifting meets, by this organizer!